It simulates sensors with static and dynamic signals for machine protection systems (Safety Instrumented Systems) and measuring loop test routines.
With PROGNOST®-SenSim, testing of machine protection systems procedures can be carried out without disassembly and reassembly of the sensors. This eliminates all associated risks, such as sensor damage or calibration issues. The defined and precise violation of real safety limit settings makes the execution of PTI (Proof Test Interval) fully compliant to IEC regulatory requirements (No manipulation of safety limits to initiate Alarms / Shutdowns / Unsafe conditions).
Sensor simulation capabilities
- Realistic simulation of all types of sensors by means of separate setting of static and dynamic signal components
- Simulation of full sensor measuring range
- Phased signals (TDC/BDC and 360° crank angle)
- Produces three signals in parallel, e.g.
- ICP + ICP + Phase reference
- ICP + 4…20 mA + Phase reference
- 4…20 mA + 4…20 mA + Phase reference
- Applicable for ICP / IEPE, 4 … 20mA, Eddy Current, Voltage
- Eddy Current sensor simulation can also be used to produce rotating speed
Machine protection functions and algorithms
- 2ooX voting
- Plausibility check
- Count of number of consecutive revolutions of safety limit violation (phase referenced signal)
This device is most helpful
- Instrumentation Engineers
- Diagnostic Services Groups
- Machine vendors and OEMs