For our subsidiary in Houston, USA (PROGNOST Systems Inc.) we are seeking for a Field Service Engineer.
The duties of a Field Service Engineer are to provide technical support to customers requesting assistance with hardware and software questions related to their PROGNOST online condition monitoring systems, installed across the United States and Canada, supporting PROGNOST Project Managers in carrying out technical tasks associated with the installation consultation and commissioning of these systems. Specific duties include: responding to telephone helpdesk calls concerning existing systems and computer hardware, providing onsite hardware and software support and troubleshooting, verifying proper installation of field wiring and sensor installation by customer or OEM, assisting with onsite system commissioning including but not limited to Site Acceptance Testing, and post-start-up support to client. This position requires teamwork with internal departments and direct contact with clients and third party contractors to ensure the safe and timely delivery of quality services and products.
Considerable travel is required (approx. 30 – 50%), cyclical up to 75% and may include weekends.
- Minimum of three year’s industrial field experience, preferably in refining or petrochemical plant applications, in installing and maintaining low voltage (24VDC, 120VAC) electrical instrumentation and computer related equipment including troubleshooting and repair.
- Must have working knowledge of troubleshooting computer equipment and computer networks utilizing TCP/IP protocols.
- Extensive knowledge using a variety of test equipment, including, digital multi-meter, 4-20ma signal generator, and oscilloscope.
- Familiarity with or knowledge of either reciprocating compressor or centrifugal compressor operation is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of email, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Ability to read and understand both electrical loop diagrams and P&ID diagrams.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Has demonstrated competent problem solving skills.
- Experience working with personal computer based applications in a network environment.
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of rotating equipment monitoring equipment is a plus.
- Knowledge of MODBUS & OPC protocol and experience with data communications to DCS/PLC systems.
- Has demonstrated successful client/vendor relationships.
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Strong and thorough communication skills in written and verbal presentations.
- A valid driver’s license, use of a dependable transportation, and a certificate of insurance. The ability to obtain, if not already in possession of, a US passport and TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card.
- Capable of lifting heavy objects, up to 50 pounds, on a periodic basis.
- Participate in on-boarding and regular company-wide random drug screening program and background checks. If there are any reasons or exceptions that should be considered, please provide this information during the interview process.
- Minimum of a two-year college degree in electronics, information systems or relevant field is required.
- Equivalent training or experience can be substituted.