Job location: Houston, Texas, USA
Reports to: Customer Support Lead
The duties of a Field Service Technician are to provide technical support to customers requesting assistance with hardware and software questions related to their PROGNOST online condition monitoring systems installed across the United States and Canada and support of PROGNOST Project Managers in carrying out technical tasks associated with the installation and commissioning of these systems. Specific duties include: responding to telephone hotline calls concerning acquisition systems and computer hardware, providing onsite hardware and software support and troubleshooting, providing initial hardware/software training to end users, verifying proper installation of field wiring and sensor installation by customer, assisting with on-site system commissioning including Site Acceptance Testing, and post-start-up support to client. This position requires teamwork with internal departments and direct contact with clients and third party contractors to ensure the safe and timely delivery of quality services and products. Considerable travel is required (approx. 30 – 40%).
Minimum of a two-year college degree in electronics, information systems or relevant field is required. Equivalent training or experience can be substituted.
- Minimum of three year’s industrial field experience, preferably in refining or petrochemical plant applications, in installing and maintaining low voltage (24VDC, 120VAC) electrical instrumentation and computer related equipment including troubleshooting and repair.
- Must have working knowledge of troubleshooting computer equipment and computer networks utilizing TCP/IP protocols.
- Extensive knowledge using a variety of test equipment, including, digital multi-meter, 4-20ma signal generator, and oscilloscope.
- Strong knowledge of email, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Ability to read and understand both electrical loop diagrams and P&ID diagrams.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Has demonstrated competent problem solving skills.
- Experience working with personal computer based applications in a network environment.
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of rotating equipment monitoring equipment is a plus.
- Knowledge of MODBUS & OPC protocol and experience with data communications to DCS/PLC systems.
- Has demonstrated successful client/vendor relationships.
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Strong and thorough communication skills in written and verbal presentations.
- A valid driver’s license, use of a dependable transportation, and a certificate of insurance. The ability to obtain, if not already in possession of, a US passport and TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card.
- Capable of lifting heavy objects, up to 50 pounds, on a periodic basis.
- Participate in company-wide random drug screening program.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Generate income by delivering in-house and on-site services. Included is the control of cost during field work and reporting of travel expenses.
- Ensure superior customer satisfaction and overall success via direct involvement in regular customer support meetings.
- Carry a company hotline phone and provide support for clients as needed.
- Comfortable working in a plant environment and conforming to entry requirements.
The above are the position’s primary responsibilities, which are not limited to these specific tasks and are subject to change.
Annual base salary range: commensurate with experience.
Annual bonus related to growth of Customer Support business is defined in Compensation Development document in employee’s personnel file.
Benefits include: Simple IRA with 3% company match and generous health benefits including dental, vision, and long term and short term disability.