PROGNOST®-SILver sets a higher benchmark for machinery protection and uptime of reciprocating compressors and rotating equipment
Machinery protection/monitoring/shutdown now in one SIL 3 certified device
Rheine, Germany: In response to requests for a full-spectrum asset care solution in a single device, PROGNOST Systems has launched PROGNOST®-SILver: the industry’s first condition monitoring, machinery protection and emergency shutdown system in one SIL 3 certified hardware unit. PROGNOST®-SILver ensures the machinery protection and reliability of reciprocating compressors and critical rotating equipment used in the oil and gas industry. All processing capability for the system is contained in a compact hardware unit that is safe for use in hazardous areas.
Following the successful introduction of its predecessor in 2008, PROGNOST®-SILver evolved to include an expanded scope of capabilities requested by maintenance and instrumentation experts. Combining condition monitoring, protection and SIL-rated relay contacts on board gives end users reliable asset protection. In addition, the ability to operate in hazardous areas without expensive housings provides unmatched lifecycle cost savings.
“Combining these three products into one functionally safe hardware device has been at the top of customer’s wish lists,” said Eike Drewes, managing director of PROGNOST Systems. “New PROGNOST®-SILver is a powerful answer to that wish. We also committed substantial resources to developing user-friendly software for configuration tasks. No matter how complex shutdown parameters may be, the user can easily configure intricate voting schemes, trip multipliers or exception ranges using a simple drag-and-drop function.”
“An extensive library of machines, rack cards and sensors makes setup of the machine tree a breeze,” added product manager Ralf Thien. “For enhanced security, we included hardware and software options to protect configuration files from unauthorized access.”
PROGNOST®-SILver embodies the technological DNA of more than 25 years’ experience in condition monitoring of reciprocating compressors and rotating equipment. This extensive knowledge materializes in a 19-inch hardware device that offers end users unique benefits, such as:
- Proven reliable and powerful signal analyses identify all detects
- Signal plausibility checks avoid false alarms and shutdowns
- Onboard signal diagnostics eliminate the need for sensor redundancy
- IEC61508:2010 SIL 3 certificate by design guarantees reliable machinery protection
- 68 input channels monitor up to 8 machines in parallel
- 30 relay outputs with SIL 3 certificate onboard make this rack a shutdown device
- Hot-swappable cards provide uninterrupted machinery protection
- Redundant power supply avoids system outages
- Installation in hazardous areas without costly Exd or Exp housings delivers huge cabling cost savings
- Legacy PROGNOST®-SILver users can easily upgrade and use their existing input cards
About: PROGNOST Systems is the undisputed market leader for online diagnostics of reciprocating compressors and critical rotating equipment. For 25 years, the company has offered intelligent online condition monitoring systems with automated machinery diagnostics, machine protection and performance monitoring. The PROGNOST customer support team has remote, online access to user systems and provides assistance based on actual, real-time monitoring analyses and system outputs.
Download Press Release:
PROGNOST Systems GmbH
Mr. Jost-A. Anderhub
Phone: +49 (0)5971 80819-46