This case study is about an axial thrust bearing failure in an extruder gearbox and how we kept it alive for several months. This gives the customer time which was required to prepare the maintenance and allows to keep the production running. Learn more about the way of close collaboration between customer, vendor and monitoring company.
Following points were considered during the case study
- Low Speed bearings are hard to monitor
- Machine downtime has to be planned and limited to a minimum of time
- All spare parts and maintenance specialist need to be available
- Limited resources due to situation demand more precise condition monitoring
- High amount of work and specialists necessary to disassemble the gearbox