Working from our partner office in Al Jubail you will cooperate with the Sales manager in Abu Dhabi for the consistent, profitable growth of the product and services revenues in the Saudi Arabian market. You will create and follow up sales leads in Saudi Arabia and maintain a close relationship with our existing customers as their first point of contact. For this position we are looking for a
Sales Engineer – Machine Monitoring Systems
with a technical background in mechanical and/or electrical engineering. Ideally you have experience e.g. in condition monitoring, measurement or control applications. Motivation and the ability to understand and explain condition monitoring technologies are mandatory for this challenging opening.
Your tasks will be the following:
- Sales activities with end customers, EPC, and OEMs in the respective market for machine monitoring and protection systems as well as services
- Performing proactive sales activities such as regular local customer visits, product presentations, and identification of influencers
- Managing and maintaining the existing, long-term relationships with customers as well as creating new customer contacts
- Reporting to the General Manager weekly on general job-related matters
- Liaise with the local Burckhardt Compression Sales and Service team for joined customer approaches and business development
- Traveling in the assigned market, which will take around 60-80% of your time
- Activities to support the PROGNOST customer support team to help clients with their problems or complaints and to achieve a satisfactory solution
- Collection of project relevant data and clarify customer project budgets and technical requirements including turnkey solutions
- Fill Inquiry Data Sheet and forward to PROGNOST sales lead
- Negotiating tender and contract terms, to meet both customer and company needs within guidelines set by the company
- On request provide supervision to on-site personnel in connection with any work performed
- Act always in accordance with Company standards and procedure for Health, Safety, and Environment
- Respond efficiently to the demands of administration procedures imposed either by PROGNOST & Burckhardt Compression
Education/ experience / languages:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / IT / Instrumentation or equivalent
- Have had at least 3-5 years’ relevant experience with a mandatory minimum of 3 years of working experience in a GCC country (Experience in the Saudi market is a must).
- A technical background, ideally with experience in rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, etc.) or instrumentation Know-how in machine condition monitoring measurement or control applications.
- Fluently spoken and written English language is mandatory, Arabic language skills are preferred and possess good knowledge of MS-Office, SAP, and CRM.
- You are of a reliable and communicative nature and have strong analytical and organizational skills.
- You have a passion for customer focus, a strong service orientation, and enjoy working with people from different nationalities.
- A high degree of independence and good communication skills in discussions with international characterizing your personality.