Topics we will handle during this video
- Major damages on compressors based rod load
- Mass forces / Inertia forces (only masses)
- Gas load
- Combined loads
- Need for monitoring
The major question is “Why it is so important to know and understand loads and forces?
Road load reversal period
- In API 618 the load reversal period is mentioned with >15°CA
- This is important to guarantee a lubrication of the crosshead pin
- So it is nice to know for the normal operation but as well to monitor the reversal point continuously. E.g. in case of a valve issue forces might change and cause, a low or even no, load reversal period.
- If the vibrations measured with a vibration probe on the crosshead increase in the load reversal points it is an indication for a loose connection
- For sure each part can handle only a maximum allowed force. E.g. a to high force to the piston rod might cause a crack.