Regional Sales Manager (m/f)
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales of the company’s products and services within a defined geographic area and ensuring the consistent, profitable growth in sales revenue through positive planning and efficient time management. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings. Travel is required.
A university degree in marketing or business studies; or a minimum of seven years of related experience or training in sales or service of condition monitoring of industrial rotating equipment; or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- A technical background, ideally with experience in rotating equipment in heavy industrial markets (pumps, compressors, etc.) or instrumentation
- Capability to present, explain and develop complex solutions in team with customer and agents
- Previous experience in a sales related role is preferred; but is not prerequisite
- Demonstrated experience as a “people person” with an outgoing personality and attitude
- Ability to create / generate inquiries during presentation meetings combined with consistent follow up with agents to generate new business
- Willingness to travel in North America approximately 30% to 50% as needed
- Has developed successful client/vendor relationships
- Has demonstrated exceptional problem solving skills
- Proven excellence in customer service
- Working knowledge of email, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Strong and thorough communication skills in writing and verbal presentation
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- A valid driver’s license, use of a dependable transportation, and a certificate of insurance
- Hold a valid passport or have the ability to obtain a valid passport
- Capable of lifting heavy objects, up to 50 pounds, on a periodic basis
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options
- Sells products by establishing contact and presenting PROGNOST’s capabilities to prospects; recommending solutions to contacts that resolve current issues
- Identify and develop growth opportunities within existing client sites and affiliates
- Strengthen relationships with existing customer base through proactive visits providing product support and service recommendations
- Attend technical expositions to display products and develop new customers through presentations and follow-up
- Accurately forecasts and updates quarterly annual revenue streams
- Assists with developing specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products
- Ensure superior customer satisfaction and overall success via regular contact
- Direct customer concerns to appropriate Customer Support personnel to assist with maintaining overall customer satisfaction with installed products
- Maintain a successful client relationship and bring concerns to the Area Sales Manager
- Maintain sales files in CRM database
- Provide telephone support for clients as needed
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Keep a record of notes from team and customer meetings throughout the sales cycle
- Participate in committees, events, and other growth experiences (professional organizations, client community work, etc.)
The above are the Regional Sales Manager’s primary responsibilities, which are not limited to these specific tasks and are subject to change.
Standards of Performance
- Participates in on-going activities in building revenues and reputation. A strong commitment to the customer, and other members of the team. A professional dependable attitude that is oriented towards making and keeping customers and a cooperative and positive spirit in working with other team members
- A high level of customer satisfaction which exceeds standard levels of performance.
- Communication skills utilized in meetings, one-on-one assistance, and client phone support is of highest quality, resulting in superior customer satisfaction.
- Maintains a strong level of team management and technical knowledge concerning the business systems supported.
- Demonstrates a leadership role both internally and externally.
- Is continually increasing their technical knowledge and project management skills.
Performance reviews with respect to defined annual Agreement on Objectives and Professional Development (training) plan are conducted twice per year.
Compensation is salary based with an annual bonus based on sales orders. Compensation is reviewed on an annual basis.