Job location: Houston, Texas, USA
Reports to: Managing Director
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the design, installation and commissioning of PROGNOST Asset Performance Management systems meet the specified customer requirements and internal quality standards. Specific duties include: conducting Technical Clarification Meetings (TCMs), confirming final scope requirements following sale to client, coordinating information flow between client and Contracting and Manufacturing (C&M) group in Germany, verifying best practices and proper implementation of client installation work scope is achieved, overseeing on-site system commissioning including Site Acceptance Testing, and post-start-up support to the client until hand over to Customer Support (CS) department is completed. This position requires teamwork with internal General Manager, Sales specialists, C&M, R&D and CS colleagues, third party project personnel and direct contact with clients to ensure the safe and timely delivery of a quality product. Project Managers continue to support completed projects by coordinating technical support as needed by the CS department. Approximately 30% travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science with 5+ years of experience or
- Two-year college degree in electronics, information systems, project management, or other relevant field and 8+ years of experience.
- Equivalent training and experience can be substituted for degree requirement.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Ability to pass a background check and initial drug screening.
- Ability to pass on-going random drug screenings.
- Minimum of three year’s industrial field experience in project implementation of electrical instrumentation and/or computer related projects and end user support of related.
- Experience with or knowledge of Condition Monitoring systems and Distributed Control Systems
- Proven expertise in a related type of project work or has demonstrated proficiency in many areas of project leadership over a period of twelve months. Ex: Project Management training and certification, advanced or specialized training, certifications, etc.
- Has developed successful client/vendor relationships.
- Has demonstrated exceptional problem solving skills.
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Advanced knowledge of related hardware, software, networking concepts, and business systems.
- Strong understanding of personal computer based applications in a network environment.
- Working knowledge of email, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Strong and thorough communication skills in writing and verbal presentation.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- A valid driver’s license, use of a dependable transportation, and a certificate of insurance.
- Capable of lifting heavy objects, up to 50 pounds, on a periodic basis.
- Ability to read and understand both Electrical Loop diagrams and P&ID diagrams.
- Knowledge using a variety of test equipment, e.g. digital multi meter, 4-20ma signal generator, and oscilloscope.
- A general understanding of Intrinsically Safe Circuits and computer equipment.
- Computer networking and TCP/IP skills.
- Knowledge of MODBUS & OPC protocol and experience with data communications to DCS/PLC systems.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Generate income by delivering on-site services. Included is the control of cost for each project and reporting of project expenses.
- Consult with the sales staff regarding potential clients. Attend technical sales appointments to assess client’s needs, provide technical information, and develop project solutions.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure superior customer satisfaction and overall success via direct involvement in regular project meetings.
- Track project success in terms of meeting deadlines, maintaining scope, actual vs. estimated hours and maintaining profitability.
- Maintain a successful client relationship and bring concerns to the Lead Manager and sales.
- Assist in the review of project proposals, RFP Reponses and statements of work with input from project team members and lead manager.
- Understand and adhere to the guidelines of our published process models.
- Work with internal Sales, CS, R&D, and clients to assess project technical requirements and support proper solutions.
- Lead team members in the formulation of project methodology, concepts, and tools. Assist in the training and mentoring of others on project methodology and project tools.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Provide management to the project by planning, determining responsibilities, assigning & tracking tasks, creating schedules, meeting deadlines, arranging meetings, and communicating progress.
- Maintain regular updates with management, sales, and the client providing complete and accurate information in a timely manner.
- Keep detailed and accurate timesheets of all on-site activities.
- Continue to educate and become knowledgeable on new technologies relating to all product offerings (hardware and software).
- Promote the highest level of professionalism possible.
- Continue to provide superior service to clients.
- Maintain project files on local network and within company databases.
- Provide telephone support for clients as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Keep a record of notes from team and customer meetings throughout the project.
- Participate in committees, events, and other growth experiences (professional organizations, client community work, etc.)
- Attend all meetings scheduled by clients.
Standards of Performance
- Participates in on-going activities in building revenues and reputation. A strong commitment to the customer and other members of the team. A professional dependable attitude that is oriented towards making and keeping customers and a cooperative and positive spirit in working with other team members.
- A high level of customer satisfaction which exceeds standard levels of performance.
- Communication skills utilized in meetings, one-on-one assistance, and client phone support is of highest quality, resulting in superior customer satisfaction.
- Maintains a strong level of team management and technical knowledge concerning the business systems supported. Project work is frequently completed within the estimated time frame and accurately fits the client’s stated needs and goals.
- Manage profitability of each project through appropriate project monitoring and control.
- Demonstrates a leadership role both internally and externally.
- Is continually increasing their technical knowledge and project management skills.
- Performance reviews with respect to defined annual Agreement on Objectives and Professional Development plan are conducted twice per year.
Compensation is salary based with an annual review. An annual bonus is available and based on company performance.
Starting Annual Base Salary: commensurate with experience